Head of Product
Mailbird is a fast-moving, award-winning company that focuses on making email management as easy and enjoyable as it can be, especially in a multi-email accounts context. Currently on Windows, but we’re working on a cross platform version, to be released first on macOS, then Windows and later to mobile devices.
At Mailbird we value impact, being data and experiment driven, learning, collaboration and having fun while doing it. With 20 nationalities located all over the world, you will find yourself in a truly and fully remote international environment, where engagement, values, and job satisfaction are goals of equal importance to the financial goals of the company.
The role of Head of Product is to build and scale high impact email products that help our mission to provide easy and effective solutions across all devices, anywhere, and at any time. Your goal is to ensure our core product's continued success, improve the customer experience, adoption and retention, to drive growth and scale revenue as we expand aggressively in 2022 and beyond.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the product-led growth efforts of the company and support growth goals from +$2m to +$10m annual revenue, and develop a 1-3 year outlook for growth (including revenue targets) for the product line.
- Represent the voice of B2C and B2B email customers and users. Meet regularly with external users to ensure we are building the right products.
- Continue developing and improving the core email client as well as helping identify product-led growth engines.
- Shape the road-map for our B2B email products.
- Collaborate with all areas of the business, including Engineering, Growth, Design and CS on go-to-market road-map.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the email landscape (competitors, personas, trends) in North America and around the world.
- Lead the definition and prioritization of initiatives to drive innovation and growth for our product line.
- Advocate core product development and discovery principles across the business (eg. including the use of opportunity trees etc).
- Guide and coach other Product Managers and Product Owners on relevant individual product strategies and help us grow a healthy product organization.
- You are an experienced product leader, with 5+ years of professional experience successfully building and launching B2B or B2C SaaS products.
- You are hands-on and data-driven with a growth mindset and skilled in working cross-functionally.
- You communicate regularly with lots of stakeholders across various disciplines of the company.
- You are an accomplished presenter who enjoys telling stories with data throughout the product life cycle.
- You are a big picture thinker, but you also can get down into the details to ship products that deliver the optimal user value.
- You are known as a capable product leader and a beacon of best practices for your peers in the product organisation.
- You can work to produce the best results in a team or independently.
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive contractor pay.
- Flexible hours and freedom within the job.
- Time off bonuses.
- Health Days.
- Team building.
- A chance to work with an exceptional international team that is highly productive, creative and fun!
- A place where you can get things done. No unnecessary meetings or admin work.