We are looking for an HR Manager to help lead our Mailbirdians to the promised land (of remote wellbeing and happiness).
Mailbird is a fast-moving, award-winning company that focuses on making email management as easy and enjoyable as it can be, especially in a multi-email accounts context. Currently on Windows, but we’re working on a cross platform version, to be released first on macOS, then Windows and later to mobile devices.
At Mailbird we value impact, being data and experiment driven, learning, collaboration and having fun while doing it. With 20 nationalities located all over the world, you will find yourself in a truly and fully remote international environment, where engagement, values, and job satisfaction are goals of equal importance to the financial goals of the company.
You will lead our HR team, which to start with will be just you, but in the longer term we expect the team to grow. You will take ownership of all HR matters across the company, from recruitment to performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary actions, wellbeing, and learning and development. To perform well in this role you should have experience as an HR manager, or other senior role in an HR team, as well as a willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks yourself to begin with.
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Develop training and wellbeing programs to help people grow and thrive.
- Develop, implement and monitor HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- You are an experienced HR Manager, with 5+ years of professional HR experience. Some of that experience as a manager of a team.
- You have worked with, and are comfortable doing, all HR tasks, including recruiting, interviewing, payroll, setting up learning and career plans, managing team feedback and wellbeing etc.
- You are good with technology and using different tools to get the job done.
- You are very comfortable working remotely, and you understand the benefits but also the drawbacks that comes with it.
- You have worked in a smaller company before, and are happy taking on a lot of varied tasks.
- You are hands-on and love getting your hands dirty, but also know when it's best to delegate.
- You enjoy communicating regularly with lots of people of different cultures in various time zones.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- You are a big picture thinker, but you are also good at implementation and follow-through, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- You can work to produce the best results both in a team and independently.
- You have impeccable verbal and written English skills.
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive contractor pay.
- Flexible hours and freedom within the job.
- Time off bonuses.
- Health Days.
- Team building.
- A chance to work with an exceptional international team that is highly productive, creative and fun!
- A place where you can get things done. No unnecessary meetings or admin work.