Senior QA Engineer
Are you the kick-ass Senior QA Engineer we're looking to join our amazing development team?
As our Quality Assurance Engineer you will be one of the key figures responsible for ensuring the quality of our product, working closely with our developers as we transition Mailbird from Windows to cross-platform - bringing it to macOS first, then beyond to other platforms.
We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering an outstanding and reliable user experience, by taking ownership of all aspects of testing Mailbird and its latest features, before we release them to our customers around the world. The successful candidate would be very comfortable doing manual testing, but also have the ability to set up automated tests to improve the testing workflow. A pixel perfect eye for detail is also required, to ensure that all aspects of the UI and UX correspond to what our design team has envisioned.
We’re a remote native company, with an amazing international team. One of the best parts of working with Mailbird is the incredible team and culture we have. We encourage a balance of high productivity with other parts of life like health, wellness, learning, personal development, and of course fun! At Mailbird, each and every one of us is passionate about what we are building, and this makes our creations each day incredibly rewarding, challenging, and enjoyable all at the same time - it’s never boring with the Mailbird family!
- You have a very strong grasp of the English language.
- You work well both collaboratively and independently - we come together to discuss trickier problems, but then dive into individual tasks autonomously.
- You are thorough in documenting your processes and best practices.
- You have conducted manual functional, regression and acceptance testing.
- You have a strong understanding of how to test layout and interface usability.
- You have a proven background in using a range of testing frameworks, tools, etc.
- You have experience in setting up parallel tests for multiple product versions.
- You are well-versed in ‘shift-left’ testing as part of your approach to the job.
- You find it easy to build test cases and test plans, as well as preparing testing environments.
- You are capable of creating detailed defect reports to highlight issues or unexpected behavior.
- You have experience working within the .NET framework.
- You proactively contribute suggestions for user experience improvements.
- Experience in working with both macOS and Windows is highly desirable.
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive contractor pay.
- Flexible hours and freedom within the job.
- Time off bonuses.
- Health Days.
- Team building.
- A chance to work with an exceptional international team that is highly productive, creative and fun!
- A place where you can get things done. No unnecessary meetings or admin work.
- The opportunity to make an impact in a growing yet established company.